Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
One of those days

It is a very cold day here & I am loath to do any great work round the house or outside.

One of those days as the saying goes.

But the trouble is I cannot sit doing nothing for hours, so after this input I will make soup, get the potatoes peeled for tonight, make a shephard's pie & have a nice cup of real tea (not teabags) & watch the news at 3.00p.m with
a ring doughnut warmed in the microwave.

And how is your day.?????? Pat

Re: One of those days

My day has been very busy up until now. First of all, we had an appointment for Suzy at the vet's just for jabs, etc. I then went to the butcher's next door and bought a nice piece of silverside which is now on roasting in the oven. The kitchen smells lovely with the joint on and I must make myself a cup of tea too as the aroma is making me hungry. I also had to pay a visit to the bank as my card was swallowed up in M & S cashpoint yesterday. When we came home, Gregory and Coleette were here. We made lunch and had a bit of a yarn, so that was another hour or more gone. My kitchen needs a good clean which I will commence as soon as I've finished this. It's a grey, wet day but great to be in the warmth of a nice kitchen (even though it needs tidying) with my wee dog begging to sit on my knee. It's only about 6 weeks until Christmas so time is going on. I have made a decision not to make any Christmas cakes this year (sorry Ted). I have also decided to stop making soup. As there are on;y the two of us, I find that I am throwing soup out after a few days. I know I could freeze some but I find that it just doesn't taste the same. No baking, no more making chutney, no home made soup. What happened to the "kitchen queen"? She's gettin's old, that's what. Don't tell anybody, though.

Made the vegetable soup and hsve the pie in the oven so here we are again to catch up.

As regards posts we hope for reasonable people to reply, not grumpy old men. [

Pat

Arrived in NC late on Thursday, weather here is more changeable as in Florida, we will be driving down at the week end, we are enjoying our stay here and looking forward to seeing the countryside but even more the return to the Vaterland and my kids and grandkids.
donald

Donald, we miss you. Your post has been replaced by a saddo so hurry back and make us laugh. Enjoy your hols.

Ann
we are enjoying our trip, Gabriel and Kathleen are showing us around, we leave on Friday for Miami and fly back from there.
donald

Donald, Bring some gum !

Pat I think I will just send out and get a fish supper out of Aldo's and a bottle of Chablis out of the off-licence and open a tin of peas, there's a batch loaf in the breadbin CONTENMENT! Regards Bon-Appetite

Hi Donald,

Just noticed that you are in Miami,
try out the Playwright irish pub its one of the best bars i have been in enjoy

Bertha

We drive down on Saturday, maybe stopping on the way. We will be staying in Davie then flying home to the Vaterland from Fort Lauderdale. I noticed from your posting that we are around the same age, both from the Lowroad - Hilden area and went to school there. I attended Hilden school 1949 1956, later Lisburn Tech 1956 1959 . Did we play together as children maybe in Hilden park or the EMB?