Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Rememberance Day

Bertha I'm surprised you have been converted to Roman Catholicism but there you are. I hope you have a pleasant life in your older years. I think as we get on in years it's better to live each day
as if it were our last, think the best of people and enjoy the years we have left. Reading daily, even a newspaper, improves grammar and spelling too. Being articulate makes it easier for people on the Forum to follow your ramblings. Give your partner my best wishes.

Ann,

For the last 72 years i have been a roman catholic since the day i was born and went to same schools as you did, also i worked on the floor of hilden mill not in a nice warm office while you learned your book keeping which has not got you very far and now let me tell you a few home truths about yourself while we were getting x painted on our door in the low road yourself vanished down south for a short period, the way you talk about the low road & hilden on this site yet you couldnt get out of it quick enough, you think you know it all but forget i know you as you dont know me, as for my literacy well i cant be perfect at everything for the slander you would need to go to confession every saturday morning but even that wouldnt be enough to cleanse your soul also i never see you at chapel hill so it must be lambeg which is not our parish now please run along and have a nice christmas,oh by the way my husband has nothing to do with this

Berths. You have an advantage over the rest of us by hiding behind a pseudonym. Are you so cowardly that you cannot face people with your petty jealouies and unhappiness. You must live a warped and sad life so I will pray for you next Sunday during Mass in my parish church. The nuns would be very disappointed by your venom towards everyone. By the way I always hated book keeping and my job was as a shorthand typist.

Ann,

i hide behind no fictitous name as for me being jealous catch yourself on i have nothing to be jealous of, being petty thats a joke because the truth hurts you i am very happy living life to the full between lisburn & alicante,as for me spitting venom i thought only snakes did this as you would know because you spit plenty of it yourself, i have nothing more to say to you as nothing you post is of interest to me, as the saying goes it takes a wise woman to act the fool & i am defo no fool,now go dry your eyes and stop trying to be someone you are not

Are you Big Bertha?

Ann
Sticks and stones may break my bones but world's will never break me

Berths, just so that you'll know for future reference. The correct phrase is "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me". No need to thank me.

Ann
It appeared ln the Christian recorder of March 1862 a publication of the African Methodist Episcopalian Church were it is presented as an old adage in this form sticks and stones but words will never break me so you 're wrong again

now now children play nicely or the naughty corner is waiting

Bertha, I stand corrected and bow to your superior knowledge. I have now finished with this ridiculous and fruitless posting started by your insulting Mauri. The Forum was created to keep exiles in touch with light hearted banter, not to give someone with a giant chip on their shoulder a platform to spout their negativity.

AMEN

Ann,

I agree with you that we need to finish this upsetting and surprising post.

The season of goodwill and peace is coming and as Christian people we
Live in peace with each other.

Pat.

Bertha, I think your criticism of Mauri's post was nothing more than an attempt to cause conflict and prompt a reaction. To some degree you have succeeded but I guess you know very well how a Forum works. But in case you don't, I'll try to help you.
I have been a Forum WATCHER for years but only ever offered a post or reply to a post 3 or 4 in all those years. Each time I have a look at a post it records a view against that post. There must be hundreds like me who just watch and read.
Why not put up your own post on a topic of your choice and see how many hits or VIEWS you get and match those to the replies you get, you will probably see that many have a look without a reply. Will that be manipulation by you, I don't think so.
Then maybe, just maybe, you will send an apology to Mauri.
They say the Pen is Mightier than the Sword but I think the Tongue is the sharpest weapon of all.
Patrick.

Now girls stop playing games pretending to be Patrick when everybody knows who it is,this is an awful lot of bullying

1 2