Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Computer Problems

I sat down the other day to go on the computer every thing was on then all of a sudden the screen went completely blank??. I just sat there baffled and wondered what the hell was going on.

To cut a long story short I decided to call in a Technician even though they charge $115 an hour, he arrived sat down and "Hey Presto" the screen light came on. What had happened was I must have accidently knocked the computer screen switch located under the screen off as I pushed some papers back, anyway we both had a good laugh and there was no charge.

Now we are having trouble with Joy's IPad as she trys to communicate with her daughter in Mexico, "Whats Next"?? Mauri

Re: Computer Problems

At last I've got my computer back, completely restored to full health. Only problem is that all my previous history, photos, etc. have been wiped. They had to do this and did ask my permission first. I had no alternative but to agree, or else do without a computer. I'm no computer expert and I will need one of my grand-daughters to come and sort me out with new apps, etc. At least I was able to get on the Forum by typing Lisburn Exiles on Google.

Nothing much else happening at present. It's a wet day now, although these past few days have been beautiful. We had lovely golden, sunny weather and the tress showed off their autumnal wonder, with gold, yellow, red and brown leaves. our pup is keeping us both eternally busy, and is running rings around us. I can't wait until she's past the puppy stage and we can relax without having to snatch just about anything and everything from her mouth;. remote controls, leaves of plants, newspaper, shoes and slippers - the list is endless.

As I say, nothing much else in the way of news at present.