Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Run in to Christmas

Love shopping at this time of year as the shop's are all decorated for Christmas already. Sparkle & spice, lively trinkets & colourful decorations

I need none so have to refrain from buying but it is difficult as the new designs are so beautiful.

M Well I buy a small one every year.!

Pat

Re: Run in to Christmas

Replying to myself

I have the chance to visit Mark's and Sparks tomorrow and Sat. So looking forward to buying some of their goodies.

Got the Christmas book to order delivery at Christmas. Some scrumptious eats in there for ordering. I love the party tasty bits.

Calm weather this week, good for getting out and about in the daytime.

Pat

Pat
I have ordered and become delivered from an English on-line shop in Lubeck 5 Litre Malt Vinegar , 3 boxes of Oxo, a Glass of Mince for Mince pies and a Plum Pudding 500 gram so Xmas can come. We used to bring back from Ireland Christmas Crackers for our kids and Mince for pies but in April 2017 in Dublin airport they did not allow us to take the Mince on Board.
donald

Donald,

We were in Lisburn for w/end. In Mark's bought some lovely Christmas tinkets,including a small Noel cushion with lights, a few coloured beaded initial baubles,etc. Would loved to have had more time, the shop is a Wonderland.

Drove to Hilden to see new development, a building sight still, but will be very desirable homes. Aghast at the Mill, roof gaping, a pitiful sight, brickwork still as usual but all else a shambles. So sad with all the history disappearing.

The school is boarded up but seems plans are for to open it as a community Centre.

With the rebuilding of Hilden I would have thought the school may be needed if young families get the houses.?

The Lagan is also a sorry sight. What is the Council doing with all this lovely property.???

Pat

Pat

it is the same with "the line" and "the lonies" and "the 41s"gone to ruin and no longer accessable. Not only should the town centre be renovated but also these. I heard the new Hilden will be more occupied by foreigners as locals. It was planned to be a private estate but due to lack of interest it was taken over by the Housing trust.

donald