Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Andrew Sisters Tribute

I was at a concert in the Empire Music Hall on Friday night. It was a trio of girls paying tribute to the Andrew Sisters. They sang all the hits from the 40s, dressed in army uniform. Then, at the interval, they changed into 50s attire, and belted out all the 50s hits. They had beautiful harmony and did sound like the Andrew Sisters. It was a rare night out and I thoroughly enjoyed. Dominic looked after the pup and I went with a female friend. I must add that Dominic didn't want to go, as I did ask him first. Not used to the prices in Belfast, especially clubs, we were astonished at the cost of a glass of wine. I said to the barman, ,"I could buy a bottle for that price". My grandchildren told me that that's what you have to pay nowadays. I must be getting ancient all right..

Re: The Andrew Sisters Tribute

Ann, Sounded like a good night out, I really liked the "Andrew Sisters" singing. Yes Belfast sure sounds like it has got expensive,my kid brother sold his big home in one of those avenues off the Lisburn Road,can't remember the name and bought a smaller one somewhere in the same area, him and his partner go to South Africa every January for three months and now he is renting his house out while away,on a rare phone call to me the other day said he was looking for 120pounds a day and was sure he would get it, times sure have changed. Mauri

Re: The Andrew Sisters Tribute

Mauri, your brother would have no problem in getting the price you mentioned. Most semi-detached homes for rent in decent areas would ask at least £500 weekly, usually more. I see a fair lot of properties "To Let" now.