Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Farewell

Well Folks I think it is time to say "Goodbye" and "Good Luck". unlike other contributors who have just disappeared and they know who they are??. I think it is only good manners before departing the Forum to wish everbody "Good Luck" "Good Fortune" & "Good Health"and as they used to say way "Ta Ta" Mauri

Re: Farewell

Ann, goodness, Mauri, can I ask why you're leaving the Forum. If it's a personal matter, that's OK. However, you are one of the regular contributors and will be missed. Take care.

Hi Mauri,

Sorry you are disappointed with some of us for not contributing. Me personally I have been continually frustrated at posts that disappear or just plain rejected. For instance I posted a reply the other day telling you about my cousin on my Mother's side called Billy Bell who served on the Mauritania from 1957 to 1961 he got Married 1861 three months before Doreen and I. I Do know he emigrated to Australia with his wife Jean....I have never heard of him since.

Mauri, good health,good luck and God bless..sorry to see you "give up the ship".
Thanks for your service.

Mauri,

Shocked to hear you are leaving us, we have been friends a long time & I looked forward to hearing your news & reading about your experiences.

I hope we can be in touch now & again as I would miss Joy & yourself & wonder
how you were keeping, as you both are such an example of get up & go people.

No doubt as we all get older time is precious for other things as a computer is a time waster. That is the reason I cannot spend much time on it most days now.

However we shall work something out, as old friends are the best friends & Jim certaintly made us so on this Forum. I cannot say Farewell so I will say God Bless for now. Love to Joy& yourself.

Pat

Hi All, In response to your comments I have reconsidered and will stick around for a while yet. I had typed a long response to all of your kind remarks but lost it while reviewing to post. However will respond again later, in the meantime thanks to all of you especially,Ann,Pat,Caroline.Ted and Beano. Talk Later. Mauri

Mauri .Brillant news to start the day,you know it makes sense,hang in there for a while longer , Ted

Mauri, I'm delighted that you've decided to remain on the Forum. I know it can be frustrating at times when no-none answers something that you've taken the trouble to share. But, as some politician said one time, "Don't let the *******s get you down." I'm glad you're still with us. Keep on posting your adventures.

Mauri,

Great news of your staying with us. Even if we don,t always reply we still look in when we get time.

I have the same trouble losing posts,very frustrating when they are long.

You have cheered me up on a rainy day and we will have more chats later, say hello to Joy, was looking at the photos of us in Cookstowmnt, remember,lovely day.

Pat

to those of you losing posts there is a simple solution. when you type post immediately copy and if your post vanishes keep pasting until it accepts it. i suspect this is due to poor site maintenance.

Eamon, not everyone knows how to copy. Anyway, where have you been hiding yourself: Have you seen about getting your hips replaced? That lovely wife of yours will be getting fed up with you hobbling about. She has the patience of a saint. Get yourself sorted and that's an order!!!!!!!!!

ann i always lurk but i check site every day. guess i dont have too much to contribute. they refuse to replace hips on medical grounds. if i was a horse they'd shoot me and if i was a horse i'd let them. lurk lurk lurk