Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Take on by ESTA application

Herself and I have booked a flight to USA and I applied to what I thought was the USA consulate but was a private person for an ESTA for us. When I had completed the on line application I was asked to give my credit card number which I did. Just before I clicked on the button to approve the deduction from my card I saw that the charges were €83 per ESTA !!!!!. I cancelled immediately and returned to the search and found a direct contact to the USA consul who only charged €14 each saving me almost €140 . I can only advise anyone who is travelling there to be careful and not be taken on
donald

Re: Take on by ESTA application

Donald, what is an ESTA? When are you going to the USA? I imagine you're going to visit Gabriel and his wife, whose name I forget, although I can see her face. I remember her working in the shop in Grand Street. I wonder will they be affected by the hurricane? I hope not. Give Gabriel and his wife our best wishes. Donald, you have a quare time of it travelling here and there.

Ann

I had to google it to see

Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA)This is necessary for a temporary visit to USA now.

Yes we are planning a trip to see Kathleen and Gabriel, they have moved to North Carolina about a year ago. Gabriel´s sister Vivian and her family and his other sister Lynn still live in Florida, so we have planned to drive or fly down together and see them then we will fly home from from Fort Lauderdale to Munich and Gabriel and Kathleen will return to Charlotte. If we drive down I,m looking forward to seeing more of the USA as during my visits there I have only seen the area around Florida and we plan to stop a few nights on the way down. Gabriel made a suggestion we could fly down as flights are cheap.

donald

Praying for your family in Florida, this Irma is a monster. Hope they are on the East coast?
We in South Carolina dodged a bullet, unlike 2016 when Mathew destroyed my little coastal town.

On the subject of ESTA any of these set up in Mexico?
CA.

https://www.esta-registration.co.uk/visa-waiver-program.html

Found this on-line it may answer your question

In Davie Florida , there was a curfew yesterday until midnight so they must have been expecting it to hit
donald

I am so fed up losing posts, I am not a typist so to retype is a no brainer for me.

I am still watching CNN showing the hurricane, it is weakening but still a lot of trouble, Tampa got a hammering as did Miami, Miami Beach
Clearwater and the Keys. The big problem now is the loss of power, over three and a half million without power. What a job it's going to be to restore everything. Now we have "Jose" following behind, heaven knows where it will hit ????.

Hope this goes through ok.

Beano

Beano

try marking and copying what you have written before posting it , then if it goes lost you can retry.

Does anyone remember the name of the Chiropodist in Lisburn in the 50s and 60s, he was a jew from Vienna who fled the Nazis . His practice was in Bow Street up an entry facing Haslems Lane?

donald

Thank you Donald, I will take your advice.

Over Five and Half million now without power in Florida.

Beano