Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Quiet Forum

Hi All, Have tried to send two messages but both wiped out, was just saying how quiet it is, where are you Pat,Dabbler,etc etc. We have just had labour day weekend with the usual parades, speeches etc, I used to march with them but not anymore.Weather here for the birds, nice and sunny one day thunderstorms the next we had a real bad one yesterday evening but thank god nothing like what Houston experienced, will take a couple of years for them to get over that.???

Take care everyone. Mauri

Re: Quiet Forum

Mauri, Pat has just recently returned from holiday to find that her phone lines and computer, etc. are down. Apparently, a new bungalow is being built nearby and the work has disturbed communication lines. I cannot get in touch with her myself except by paying a hefty mobile bill. Same for her. The lines were to be up and running yesterday afternoon but apparently are still down. She's furious and I'm sure she'll be on the Forum as soon as she can.

I don't know what has happened to Dabbler, but I have heard he's on Facebook so he must be ok. He must be "fell out" with us.

Glad you haven't been affected by the hurricane. Can't imagine what that would be like. We had a nice day yesterday and not bad today either. However, really we've had a poor summer. It gets dark these evenings at around 8 pm or so. Then, in October, the clocks go back. I was in town for a short time the other day and noticed the Christmas seletion boxes on sale already.

The year juste flies in and we'll shortly be attending for our flu jabs. Nothing to do with what I've been talking about, but just heard on the local radio this morning that there are several hundred thousand millionaires in Northern Ireland. I wish I could get in touch with just one.!!!!!!

Hi Ann, Thanks for your reply to my comments. Like Pat I too would be mad if my outside communications were disrupted because of a new construction,no excuse for that at all.

Nice and sunny here the past few days with temperature around 18oC though tomorrow supposed to go up to 23oC. Is that a really fact about the number of millionares in NI.? Remember there only used to be one in Lisburn and that was Milne Barbour.

I remember when I was working on the cruise ship "RMS Caronia" way back in the early 60s I met an American relation of his who when she heard me talking asked where I was from and when I told her she asked me if I knew the Barbour family I said I know off them but not personally???, she spent the whole year cruising on the "Caronia" which back then was THE Cruise ship. Mauri

Mauir, re the millionaires in NI, Dominic has just told me that there are 13,500. I may have added a few more, as is my wont, but these are the official figures. Hard to believe, isn't it? By the way, just to make it official, I am not one of them.

Hi Ann, Yes it is hard to believe, wonder what they all made their millions at?, maybe I shouldn't have left NI seventy one and a half years ago???, who knows maybe I would be a millionare now and living in a mansion like Captain Lindsay's out the Ballinderry road. Dream on baby Dream on???. Mauri