Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment

I think we'd better start on a new topic as Dunkirk no longer covers the chat on films, girlfriends, etc. etc. I just replied about a film and thought I was clever in typing "Films" in the heading. However, it still came under the heading "Dunkirk". I should say I was almost through the posting before I decided to change the heading.

Re: New Topic

Donald, you mentioned going to the cinema with your aunts and mine all those years ago. If I was there, I honestly cannot remember, although my aunt Annie took me everywhere. Maybe I was sick because I'm sure I would remember being there. However, Donald, "Annie get your Gun" starred Betty Hutton, not Doris Day. You were a child so I'll forgive you. Betty Hutton was great. I may be wrong but I think I read somewhere that she left films to look after her mother or children, something like that anyhow. Doris Day was my favourite actress and singer and I used to try and look like her, although I didn't have the blonde hair at the time. Heavens above, I don't know who I look look like now. Pat used to say I reminded her of one of the actresses in the Golden Girls. I hope it was a compliment as I never watched the show.

Ann
must be getting old, still remember the fish and chips afterwards though.
donald

Two missing posts.....this is very annoying....

Now trying again !!!!

Beano