Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dancing in Market Square

Mauri was talking about age in the previous post. Yesterday Dominic and I attended a Tea Dance in Market Square. This is the second year this event has been held. It was a beautiful day, sunny and warm. When we arrived at 2 pm the Square was packed with people of all ages. Chairs had been provided, the music was just starting, and before I even set my handbag down we were up and dancing. I sat beside a woman who was 92 but looked 80 or less. She was fresh looking, had a thick head of white hair and had just returned from a cruise. I met several other 90 year olds, all fit and well, some of them you probably all know, but I won't name names. It was a most enjoyable afternoon, with singers, Irish dancing, Scottish dancing, and of course the sequence dancing itself. Strawberries and cream were provided too. I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to the next one on 22nd August. We should have events like this more often. PS. I forgot to mention that it was all free.

Re: Dancing in Market Square

Ann
who paid for all this?
donald

Ann, Sounds like a wonderful day,who organized that?,and to get a nice sunny day as well. Would loved to have been there.?? Mauri

Letitia,

For heaven's sake act your age woman , and not the size of your feet.

Who let you out of the kitchen anyway

Poor Dominic will pay for all this gallivanting.

LR

In answer to the questions of who paid for the Tea Dance, I haven't a clue, nor do I care. It was great. I imagine Lisburn & Castlereagh Council organised the dance.

LR, I have finally escaped the kitchen. Little baking is done now although I still have to make the essential 3 meals a day. Anyway, mind your own business.!!!!!!