Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sunny day

Woke this morning to a beautiful old fashioned Summer promise of a glorious day. Blue skies, no wind, heat in the early morning Sun, sparkling dew on the grass.

Will spend the day in the garden, maybe do a few garden chores,but will enjoy the sun,which has been intermitten this month, hope you all can do the same.

Bought a new rose Bush yesterday (Beautiful) so must plamt it, Tesco is selling @ E10, good value.

Pat

Re: Sunny day

Mauri, are you o.k. worried not seeing you on Exiles. Anyone know if he is his usual cheery self, not like Mauri not to join in the chat.

Pat.?

I've missed Mauri too, but I was thinking that he might be on holiday. Hope this is the case.
Beautiful day here too. We have to make th3 most of the hot days as they are so few and far between. I already have the sun lounger out, just need to apply some sun cream.

Hi all,

Hope you are right Ann & Mauri is on holiday. I shall be going away for the month of August myself so I shall be absent too for a while.

I shall endeavour to look in while away, I shall be a lurker then.

Pat

Hi Ann & Pat. Thanks for your queries re myself, have been in hospital for a few days just got out yesterday and still have a nurse coming into my home every day for a week to give me injections, will be glad when that it is all over. I was taken into hospital by ambulance due to severe pain in my right leg, has been diagnosed as Gout (did I spell that right) would you believe,?? I thought only retired Generals and Admirals got that, but no appartenly humble people like myself are also subject to it.? Take care and Thanks again folks. Mauri

Morning Mauri, It's with regret that I read of you recent bout of Grout (It Rymes) seriously I am aware from others that it is extremely painful and I understand that alcohol and the injections don't mix sadly,I do hope you find relief soon and look forward to a bit of craic in the near future,Kind Regards to your self and Joy I hope this finds her well also,Kind Regards Ted

Hi Ted, Thanks for your comments, yes it sure was painful but now nearly about back to normal except for the nurse coming in daily for the next week to give me injections. I don't miss the Alcohol while under medication, really cut back a hell of a lot since I sold my house which had a proper bar and moved into this Condo which only has an improvised one. Not like the old days when after a spell at sea you couldn't fill me up?? Joy is fine and doing good Thank You, Mauri

Gout is very common,my son-in-law had it a few years ago to, very painful, take care, cut down on the good life.....

Pat