Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Memories!

Hi Donald ,Beano , Ann , and all .

I am sorry I am guilty , of not being on the exiles ,as much as I should . But I have run out of articles to write about ,and I think the old grey matter , is getting a bit stale .I love to read other peoples writings , as I find there very interesting . Mauri for all his tales of days on the navy , Billy for his memories of Lisburn ,and all the names of people he can ,bring out of a hat , Ann for her very real ,and interesting walks down the lagan ,tow path .You would think you were walking beside her . And also Dabbler for his very witty , and sad poems , and reminiscing . Donald for his taking us to the beer gardens of Germany , and the lovely food ,and travel talks . And Pat to tell us about her cottage down near Ennis , and the story about the repairs to her home after the mad storm , and how Joe and herself managed to bring the gardens and the home back to normality .Sorry if I have missed any names on my roll call of all the friends I have made ,since Billy introduced me to the Lisburn exiles site ,but I am sure I will be excused . In the early days when the Boss ( Jim ) was living , it was a great buzz ,to be taking photographs ,and sending them to him , to add them to the site , but now a lot of the photographs ,are deleted , and it not the same . But as all people say times change . But hopefully ,all will keep sending their little bits of writings ,and I will try and do my best to keep up with the proffessionals ,
All the best for now !
Tommy

Re: Memories!

Tommy,

GLAD YOU ENJOY OUR WRITINGS,WE ENJOY THE COMPANY OF FRIENDS. LIKE ME WE SEEM TO HAVE EXHAUSTED ALL THE OLD MEMORIES,SO WE WILL HAVE TO MAKE NEW ONES.

ALTHOUGH LIFE SOMETIMES TAKES US FROM THE FORUM, IT IS ONLY A TEMPORARY LAPSE,WE HAVEN,T GONE AWAY,YOU KNOW.L.O.L.

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEJND TOMMY ENJOY THE GOOD DAY TODAY.

PAt