Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tecnical Problem

I am having difficulty in bringing up the Forum, have to go through Google. anybody else having the same problem.??? Mauri

Re: Tecnical Problem

Hi Mauri, A couple of days ago I gave up trying to log on and I assumed it was my computer were the problem lay ,however it's up and running now,Good to here from you Regards Ted

Hi Ted, Thanks for replying, beginning to think everybody has gone on strike??,I am still having the problem, still have to go through Google that is if I continue to participate?? thinking about disappearing like a few others have???. Mauri

Hi Mauri, I had this problem about a year ago..nothing seemed to solve it.
Then I had the only internet tech idea of my life.
I completely deleted the Lisburn.com site and then reestablished it.
Has been working ever since.
Good luck.
who knows?

Thanks Carolina, Not sure if I know how to do that not being that well up on Computer technics ??, maybe wait until one of my more knowledgeable family members is around, but thanks again. Mauri

Mauri, talking about disappearing, I was thinking same as you. Not much point in a few people posting. Maybe the Forum has had its day. We've gone over all the old topics (several times). Not many people really seem interested any more.

Hi Ann, I guess one of the big handicaps is the age differences between the contributors and of course the various lengths of time away from Lisburn for those of us who live and have lived in various parts of the world. Apart from those like yourself and Ted who I have got to know through the Forum there is only two people in Lisburn that I know from my childhood days although I am sure there are a lot more but of course I have no way of telling

I have a lot of stories I could tell about experiences in various parts of the world but I know I would probably be accused of bragging, in fact I already have been but just had to ignore what I considered an ignorant reply.

Holiday weekend here so am just going to go to my little bar and pour myself a cold beer and imagine I'm in a little beer hall I used to enjoy in Kure Japan???? Have a lovely weekend. Mauri

Nice to hear that you are still fresh & well. Enjoy the weekend & say Hi to your lovely wife. You are full of Life, wish I was the same at the moment.

Hi Pat, Hope this finds you well on the road to recovery, you sounded a bit down on your post? I know its a drag trying to get back to normal but remember the old saying,"Patience is a virture" stay with it "Kid Oh" say Hi to Joe. Best Wishes Mauri & Joy

Everything back to normal Folks,getting the Forum no problem,wish I could give an explanation but unfortunately I cannot. MAURI

Hi Mauri,Please reconsider your thoughts of finalizing your intentions of exiting the forum just yet as I firmly believe the day you leave we may pull the blinds down for good, even though of late I have had nothing to contribute I still log on in hope to read some input from yourself and Ann and hope something new will appear maybe some new blood wile introduce soon?In the meantime please hold back,Regards Ted

Hi Ted, Good to hear from you, how is it going?. Yes comments are a bit slow on the Forum at the moment, bit of a flare up when Low Roader brought up the Lisnagarvey Harriers. though I didn't have anything to contribute on that subject except that I knew Herbie Cathcart who lived on the Longstone next to the entrance of the Old Golf Club.He was a lot older than me.???

Weather here in Southern Ontario on the mild side temperatures up around 20oC depending on where you live and some rain forecast.how about over there???.

Anyway Ted not a lot to comment on maybe get round to telling another sea story then my critics will have some ammunition to fire at me. Have a good week. Mauri

I'm sound Mauri,Bring it on !