Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Easter Tuesday

Do you remember when we were young and Easter was a time for "trunnelling" our eggs. Sometimes we were taken to the Castle Gardens, other times the Wallace Park and at times McConnell's Hill. Our house more or less faced McConnell's Hill. The weather always seemed to be good. Howwever, I do remember one Easter Monday when it rained and I speent the day reading comics and children's books in my granny's house. Long time ago.

As I haven't been anywhere over the holidays, I just might go for a walk in Wallace Park latr on. OR, I may change my mind and decide to go down the line. I haven't been down for a while and I'd like to see how the houses in Hilden Village are coming on. Things change so quickly.

I spent yestereday clearing out the greenhouse, getting rid of all the old pots. Then I planted up some trays fromm packets of seeds I had; cornflowers, small poppies and foxgloves. These are all intended for the back garden - well, some foxgloves will go in the front, despite Dominic not liking them. I also plasnted up two baskets with small pansies. It's too early to make up the summer baskets as frost can still strike. I think I'm going to get involved more in the garden, now that I cannot really read comfortably any more.

Well, that's my day yesterday, who knows what today will bring. A walk is as good as a tonic, although I still miss wee Tess walking with me. See you later.

Re: Easter Tuesday

Ann
I faintly remember gathering "whins" to colour the eggs at McConnells Hill and also boiling them in the teapot to give them a colour if whins were not available. The glens at Hillhall were also an outing at Easter.
donald