Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wakey,Wakey

Where is everybody?? having a long nap. Ann & Pat hope you are both up and about by now though I guess Pat will take a little bit longer. Anyway this is just to say Hi and have a great week end everybody. Mauri

Re: Wakey,Wakey

Billy Cotton...

We Three,
Working for the BBC
Ramsbottom, Enoch,
And me.

Wakey Wakey, Is a Navy slang term used by duty Petty Officers for many many years yelling at personnel still in their hammocks or bunks and long before the so called comedians got hold of it. Mauri

And I thought my wife invented this command !

Some nights, I fall asleep before Jeopardy has run its course, and Frances awakens me with a startling " Wakey ! Wakey !

I can remember the signature tune to Billy Cotton's Bandshow. After "Wakey, Wakey" being shouted out in a Cockney accent, the tune played wsa "Somebody stole my gal". Not a lotta people know that.

Who rembers the Boom Boom Boom ? BILLY Cotton Pat