Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reggie Shields

For all you folks from the county Down I'm sorry to have to say that a real character passed away at the weekend. Reggie Shields was a good friend of my Dad's and our family, he passed away on Sunday and was buried today. My Mom did say that he had been ill for some time. Reggie was a real character always had a good word for anyone who stopped to talk to him. He will be missed.

Re: Reggie Shields

Hi Jim,

Sorry to hear of Reggie's passing,he was a good friend of my youngest brother Alan,they chummed around together for as long as I remember. We would like to offer our sincere Condolences to his wife Betty and all the family circle.
For those Lisburn football fans who don't know Reggie,he was the brother of Joe Shields, who,in my opinion was the best goalkeeper around Lisburn in the 50s/60s.
Thank you Jim for that post.

Beano

Re: Reggie Shields

Thank YOU Beano for explaining his connection to Joe Shields who attended the Boys school over 70 years ago. My condolences to the family. Joe.