Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pat's Knee Operation

Pat underwent total knee surgery yesterday. She was "comforable" this morning, which is all the hospital will say over the phone. She must have opted to say awake during the surgery because her daughter told me that she said she could hear everything, but felt nothing. After all the talk about relaxing music and asking our advice on what we could suggest for her to take to theatre with her, she forgot to bring the tape.!!!! Anyhow, the op is over and she will be having physio today. I'll hear later all the ins and outs, but I'm sure she is in pain, although a brand new knee will be worth it - EVENTUALLY!!!!

Re: Pat's Knee Operation

Hi Ann,

I wasn't sure when Pat was having her surgery as I was "off air" for a few days, my laptop had a complete makeover. I am delighted she has had her knee done and is recovering. She is braver than me, I let them put me under as I didn't want to hear them cutting my bones, I had both done, not at the same time though.
Wish Pat a very speedy and healthy recovery from Doreen and Myself.

Beano

Dominic and I have just returned fromm visiting Pat in Co Clare. I'n delighted to say she looks the picture of health and is in great form. She's been very well looked after by her 3 daughters (one home from Canada for 3 weeks) and Joe takes a background role by giving advice and doing "manly" things like tending the gaarden, etc. Pat has a great appetite and "digs" into every meal with relish. (or without, get it?). Her big test will come when she starts to walk more and gets started on her exercises. However, when we left, she was in brilliant form. I can't believe how well she is, so I'm putting it down to the Co Clare air. I promised I would let you all know how she is, so another request has been granted.

Thanks Beano for your good wishes, means a lot.
Am spoile d with good care & slowly recovering after a night of burning pin. NOTHING COMES WITHOUT........ A PRICE,
Weather for Easter beautiful,Happy Easter to all.Pat