Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Craic in Weatherspoons

Lowercase and myself would suggest a wee bit of craic on Friday 24 March 2017 at 2.00pm in Weatherspoons. We are looking forward to seeing all who come and hope for a very pleasant afternoon with a few biffs and a walk down memory lane.
donald

Re: Craic in Weatherspoons

Donald, I've already marked Friday on the calendar for the meeting in Wetherspoons. Really looking forward to a bit of a yarn and laugh. By the way, I'm still hobbling slightly but I'll try my best to walk like a model!!!!! (that only works until I have been sitting down for a while and then stand up - aaahhhhhh , the stiffness). Anyhow, I hope Ted and the others all turn up. See you at 2 pm on Friday.

Morning Ann, Will definitely make the effort ,looking forward to catching up .The Christmas Pudding must be well matured by now ?in the meantime keep taken the tablets Regards to Dominic,

Ted, it was a large Christmas cake I baked. It's all been eaten ,I'm afraid. If I'm in the mood I'll bake you a small one for Christmas. Hope to see you on Friday.

Promises!

Where and what is Weatherspoons, I assume it is a restaurant but what kind, and where is it located???. Mauri

Hi Mauri, Weatherspoon's is a ** eating house come Pub or visa-versa ,quite reasonable prices, Hold on Mauri with hind sight both yourself and Joy were in our company on one of your visits home and God rest Jim was there ,if I remember rightly you were staying in Belfast that period, The pub is situated down Haslem's Lane were it enters Smithfield Square , Regards Ted

Thanks Ted, I well remember that now though I couldn't remember the name of the place, so that was Weatherspoons??? would you believe that's nearly nine years ago??? there was just the four of us Jim,Donald yourself and me, Joy took off for the Mall that was the last time I ever saw Jim???. Mauri

Re: Craic in Weatherspoons Hilden mill in such a dilapated

The craic was good in Weatherspoons, stories being spun.
Pints were flyin, the men were lying,the ladies having fun.
Donald

today it almost broke my heart to see Hilden mill in such a state of ruin,new houses are being built in Mill St. but the mill is falling down

Re: Craic in Weatherspoons Hilden mill in such a dilapated

Hi all. We enjoyed the craic in Wetherspoons, especially afteer hearing about Donald downing 12 oysters the previous day in Carlingford. Never tasted an oyster but I don't think I could swallow one. Lowercase told me a very touching story about a wee pup he found while out fishing. It had been thrown out of a van and was more or less dying when he found it. Lower case took it home and, after some veterinary care, the little dog survived and is still with Lr case and his wife, Emily. It was a lovely sunny, warm day and I suggested a walk down the line. Nothing was doing from Lr Case and Donald as they were enjoying their pints. Unfortunately my leg still gets stiff aftrr sitting too long and I had to go for a walk round the square. I saw Pat McClure once more and he knew all of us at the table, as we are more or less all from the Hilden area. Wetherspoons was packed, inside and out. We all had lunch and it is very good value. After we left, Pamela, Andy, Dominic and myself (wait for it) visited the cemetery. Well, it being Mother's Day on Sunday, we wanted to visit the graves and lay flowers. We wandered round the graves and it was interesting remembering the people laid to rest, girls we went to school with, uncles, aunts, cousins as well as parents. Later we went for a meal. We had been out all day and I mentioned to Dominic on the way home that the family would think we had run away. Sure enough, we were only through the front door when the first phone call came. "Where were you all day"? "You never told us where you were going"? Only thing is I had promised Colette that we would keep Rachel on Friday night as they were going to see Bob Geldof in Belfast. We both completely forgot. I have told the family that they must remind us on the day of any arrangement organised a week before. Must be old age. In the event, Rachel's sistr look after her. In case Ted feels left out, don't. Your chat was good and you looked very well. Remind me in October about the Christemas cake.