Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Martin Peace at last.

Heard this morning of the death of Martin Maginness, May he rest in peace.

Re: Martin Peace at last.

It was sad to hear of the death of Martin Magennis at the age of 66. Not everyone will agree with me but that's the way Northern Ireland is. Persoanlly, I think no-one could have done more for the Peace Process when he took the path of dialogue. I listened yesterday to people from all walks of life discussing him. Almost every single one of them mentioned his infectious sense of humour, his charm and charisma. You have only to look back on how the late Ian Paisley and he formed a genuine friendship, both coming from very different pasts. Baroness Paisley paid Martin Magennis a very sincere tribute yesterday and it was moving to hear her Christianity coming through. May he Rest in Peace.