Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Barney Woods (RIP)

It has just been announced by Gloria his wife that Barney Woods passed away at the weekend in the Cancer Unit in Belfast, Barney was a big contributor to the Forum over many years and himself used to e/m me often about schooldays he will defiantly be seriously missed ,Rest In Peace Barney,and Condolences to Gloria,

Re: Barney Woods (RIP)

Thanks. Sad news.

Ted, sorry to hear about Barney's death. As you say, he was a regular contributor to the Forum for many years. May he Rest in Peace.

Hi all,

Sad news to hear of Barney's passing, he was a good man. He was strong in every way, fearless & what you saw was what you got with Barney. He worked with Joe for years & was a "bully worker" as the saying goes in the Building trade.

Barney was one of the old true Lisburn "hacks", a schoolfriend, a dog lover & owner of racing greyhounds in the old days. Joe remembers him throwing the "Irish News" pages aside & only keeping the racing pages at work in the mornings. He had a poets side too, as seen by his recommendations to us here.

Our condolences go to Gloria & his family,of whom he was very proud. We will miss you Barney & your heartfelt inputs on this Forum.

May he rest in peace. Joe & Pat

going to barneys funeral tomorrow pay my respects to a really great guy,I'm a lot younger than barney but remember him very well,he was decent hard working and was somebody us younger ones looked up to , round chapel hill and pump lane barney was held in high esteem.may he rest in peace.