Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New home

Liz,

Nothing as stressful as moving house BUT time will make the new place home. Being near family is everything, we moved here to be near our daughter's too

I read somewhere that we should move every 5 years but when the years add up this is a no go.

Devon is a beautiful place so enjoy the beauty before the tourists arrive, Good luck with the upheaval but you will love it soon.

Pat
[.8-)]

Re: New home

Thanks Pat

Spring will help as we find more lovely places to visit. It is just the strange faces all around us. Feels so odd not to stop and pass the time of day to folks!

Best wishes
Liz

Liz, Hope you don't mind me jumping in here, but as an old Royal navy sailor who spent a lot of time in Devon more specificly in the Plymouth area I was wondering what part of Devon you are in ??. Last time I was in there was back in the late 90s attending a HMS Vanguard reunion in Plymouth and I sure noticed a lot of changes. Have a Great Day. Mauri

Hello Mauri

Yes, I should think you know the coastline around here. We live in a small town near Exeter called Budleigh Salterton. We live just a few minutes walk from the sea which we love to walk beside nearly every day. Exmouth is about three miles away and we enjoy the walks around there too, also Sidmouth in the opposite direction is about five miles away and a beautiful little town and beach. Not quite the naval base that Plymouth is but a good retirement place.

Hope all is well with yourself and Joy.

Hi Liz,

What a lovely part of England you live in, I wish you all you would wish for yourself and Pat. I spent a holiday in Sidmouth in 1964 a wonderful place, Doreen was pregnant and had bad morning sickness but we managed to see a few places including Budleigh Salterton, the whole County was excellent.
Best Wishes
Beano

Liz, I really envy you living by the sea. Just to walk along the beach or shore every day must be invigorating. You have it made. Best wishes.

Hi Liz, Thank you for your reply, sounds really nice and I do envy you being able to take a walk on the beach, nothing like it, we have beaches near us on Lake Ontario but fresh water not the same as the waves crashing in, Joy and myself are keeping A1 thank you, now if I could only talk her into taking a trip???. Mauri

Thanks Beano

I had a feeling you would have known Budleigh, you sure have got around many places! I hope your back is much better and you are mobile. Such a pity you couldn't enjoy your visit home last year because of it, but I do hope you venture home again some time.

Mauri, my advice about Joy's reluctance to go far, is take her for short journeys and gradually lengthen them until she gets comfortable about travelling, you will need great patience, but persist!