Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Suitable music

Hi all,

I went for my pre-op last week & the nurse gave me all the info. for my knee operation on 27th March. She said to bring in my favourite music C.D. to play, as I am getting an epidural.

I have played them all over & over but can't find a suitable one, even Andre Rieu has loud Marches etc amongst his C.D

Ann sent me a C.D OF Bruno Toniole, which I will play, today as a possible. I have a few from Canada of Dan Gibson Nature music, so hopefully before the 27th I will decide on one,

Any suggestions?. Pat

Re: Suitable music

Pat, what about "Knees up Mother Brown".

Pat, how about "Knees release me, let me go"

ANN,

Or Them bones them bones. Thanks anyway for replying?

PAT

Pat, Here's wishing you All the Best for your operation, will be over before you know it and then you will be running around like a two year old. I celebrated my 87th birthday a couple of days ago with a dinner party at my youngest stepdaughters home,with most of the family there.

Hard to believe so many years have slipped in but then that's life and I can't ccmplain I have had a good one with many ups and downs,

Take Care Mauri

Pat, PS. Forgot to reply to your music question, I love Country and Western and Military march music also Classical tenors,"What the heck" any kind of good music???. Mauri

Pat, "dem bones, dem bones gonna walk around"

Mauri, many happy returns (belated) You're an example to us all, Many more birthdays to come I'm sure.

Many Thanks Ann, Have a good week. Mauri

Belated Birthday wishes Mauri, hope it was a good one, 87 & feeling 47, you have a positive outlook on life. Way to go.!

I have decided on a Dan Gibson C.D for the hospital next Monday, a Canadian one with Birdsong & water sounds, very relaxing.

Our St. Patricks Day was wet & windy so a Birthday dinner was had in our daughter's house, very enjoyable.

Put a picture on Facebook. Another year another memory to savour.

Pat