Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
paroled

I talked to a homeless man this morning and asked him how he ended up this way.

He said, "Up until last week, I still had it all. I had plenty to eat, my clothes were washed and pressed, I had a roof over my head, I had TV and Internet, and I went to the gym, the pool, and the library. I was working on my MBA on-line. I had no bills and no debt. I even had full medical coverage."

I felt sorry for him, so I asked, "What happened? Drugs? Alcohol? Divorce?"

"Oh no, nothing like that," he said. "I was paroled."

Re: paroled

Good one Barney. See President Obama paroled a lot of prisoners this morning, they will miss the services too, but will be glad to be free.

Hope they appreciate life more now .Good luck to them.

They have served their time.

Pat

Read just now he has been invited and will probably come to the Munich Oktoberfest this year, will maybe meet up with him for a few steins. I suppose he will buy himself "lederhose" for the occasion.
donald

Hi, Donald , Something to look forward to, in the meantime tell your wife to hold your hand tightly while you's are in his company, We will probably see him when he finds out his great grandfather came from Tullanacross or thereabouts, Regards Ted

Ted,
Hi, Donald , Something to look forward to, in the meantime tell your wife to hold your hand tightly while you's are in his company, We will probably see him when he finds out his great grandfather came from Tullanacross or thereabouts, Regards Ted

Ted
we knew the area as "Tullnabuck"! as kids, any idea why?
donald