Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ann's Big Op.

Hi Ann, was thinking about you yesterday and hope everything has gone well for you. I had my hip done almost a year ago and hope your's go off as well as mine.

Fran

Re: Ann's Big Op.

Glad to tell all that Ann is doing well after her hip replacement operation on Wed. T

THANK GOD she is over it @ able to get around in the ward now. By next week
She will be home again.

Pat

Wonderful news.

Glad to hear Ann is over her hip operation and will soon be running around again. Some people have no problems with these hip operations myself included, on the other hand there are others who never seem to get over it perhaps because of a fall. My wife Joy is one of those people she broke her hip in a fall on the stairs and while she had a successful hip replacement is still nervous about falling so uses a cane to get around not all the time but quite a bit which I suppose is wise. Mauri

Hi Pat

Please give our best wishes to Ann ,and hope that she is pain free ,and soon back on to the computer .
Regards!
Thomas & Evelyn

Hi Pat,

Please give Ann our best wishes for a speedy recovery, she will be dancing her legs off soon.

Beano

Hi all. I had the hip replacement on Wednesday afternoon and was discharged on Friday. I'm home and with the help of very strong pain relief, I can say I'm comfortable. It is very nice to be waited on and thank goodness for M&S food. I enjoyed a chicken pie and chips earlier, the first decent food since last Tuesday. The hospital food was atrocious and cold. Thanks for all your good wishes.

Ann, Glad to hear you are back home again and getting over the hip replacement just take it easy. What hospital were you in?,probably the Lagan valley, over the years I have been in several different hospitals for various reasons and never ever did like the food except on one occasion and that was surprising enough the Navy hospital in Sydney Australia where as I was only in for observation I was on a full diet and the food was excellent,though I was still glad to get discharged inside a week??? Mauri

Hello Ann

Glad to hear you are home again and recovering. Be careful not to fall, and let your family be good to you. You deserve a good rest!

Best wishes
Liz

Mauri I had my hip operation
In
Musgrave Pk Orthopaedic HospiTal, same place I had my other one carried out. In hospital, it's like being on a conveyer belt. Too many patients not enough nursing staff and then trying to juggle pAtients around as they come up from theatre. It's in and out asap. I'm lucky thAt I have Dominic here and family but it wouldnt matter if I hadnt. I'm. Coming on fine. Dominic

is out of his comfort zone as regards cooking but he'll get there

Liz thanks. My sleep pattern is all over the place
. "In the wee small hours of the morning"

Ann,

Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better"

I wish I had my operation over, as at least you know the pain will go away but waiting is pain all the time & restricted lifestyle. You will be up & away when I am as you are now, waiting for healing.

Keep up the spirits at all times even if it is hard, pretend....Pat

Pat and all, I am recovering fine. Still taking painkillers but I have cut them down as they were making me feel sick. My operated leg is various shades of purple. I look as if I've been tattoed. It's all part of the healing process. I dont have much of an appetite, just small tasty bits. I'll maybe lose a few pounds so as the saying goes " It's an illl wind"