Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matt Munro

Watched a concert on TV last night starring Matt Munro. He was appearing in Australia circa 70s and it was wonderful and very nostalgic. He sang lovely songs I had almost forgotten like "Walk Away" and "Softly as I leave you". Beautiful singer. Another great show this week was Ken Dodd, who told us he is now 89 and still entertaining. He is very funny even now and says he just loves making people laugh. He comes across, when being sensible, as a caring person with a big heart.

Re: Matt Munro

happy new year ann. i saw mat munro live here in australia in a cabaret place called dorset gardens., in the mid 70's he was very good and lovely old songs, as you mentioned a good night tom

Re: Matt Munro

Tom. HAppy New Year to you and yours. That concert we saw on TV could well have been the one you attended.