Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Betwixt & Between

This is the time of year when we're at a loose end. Tomorrow will be New Year's Eve (I prefer calling it Old Year's Night). I always feel a bit sad on this night because it reminds me of those family and friends who are no longer with us. I love the thought of a new year, though, whatever it brings. A new spring. shoots already pushing through the grass and a subtle change in the nights already. Yes, we're over the worst. However, as for myself, I go into hospital on 11th January for a total hip replacement. Not looking forward to that, but it has to be done. I know you will wish me luck. So, a new year a new hip _ what more could you ask for??????

Re: Betwixt & Between

Happy New Year everyone for tomorrow.

Re: Betwixt & Between

Hi Ann
Just reading that you are having a hip replacement . Just to reassure you ,Evelyn,s aunt ,had this operation ,about three years ago , and she is a marvel , and she just wished that she had got it done years ago ,instead of suffering the pain . she now can walk a lot straighter than before . And she was terrified of the operation ,but went through with flying colors ,as the saying goes . I know another lady ,who has just been operated on ,and she is home pain free .
all the best of wishes to your self ,Dominic ,and the family ,for the year ahead.
Regards!
Thomas & Evelyn xx