Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Christms is a'comin'

Christmas is almost here. The weather is unseasonably mild and we had a beautiful sunrise this morning. A turquoise blue sky with tinges of pink, which became a deeper hue as the sun rose. If I had been gifted with a talent for painting, it would have made a wonderful scene. However, I couldn't draw nor paint to save my life. However, I am grateful for my other talents. As you know, this year we are spending Christmas with my daughter and her husband in England. We're looking forward to a more laid back Christmas with no cooking for me except a pavlova which I promised Trea I would bake. We travel to Liverpool on 23rd and I believe there's to be a baggage handlers and check-in staff strike on that day and the next. I imagine it will be sorted out by the end of the week, but, do you know what, I don't even care. Just to escape the madness all around will be good enough for me and a sit down in the airport won't have me complaining. Just in case I don't have time to post again, I would like to wish everyone a very Happy Christmas and a healthy New Year. See you all soon.

Re: Christms is a'comin'

http://www.stnicholascenter.org/pages/who-is-st-nicholas/
Some years ago I was in Turkey on holiday and was surprised to be told that Santa Claus was origanlly from Turkey. We visited there a churcg dedicated to him and were able to walk through a tunnel behind the alter

donald

To all my friends on the Forum.

Doreen and I wish everyone "A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY & HEALTHY NEW YEAR" God bless you all.

Ann enjoy your visit with Trea and her family,keep safe.

Donald, I always thought "Santa" was Irish(Father Christmas) to us over the Co.Down......but I could be wrong....HMMMMMM.

Beano

Beano
Happy Christmas also, hope you are keeping well
donald

The true story of Santa Claus begins with Nicholas, who was born during the third century in the village of Patara. At the time the area was Greek and is now on the southern coast of Turkey. His wealthy parents, who raised him to be a devout Christian, died in an epidemic while Nicholas was still young. Obeying Jesus' words to "sell what you own and give the money to the poor," Nicholas used his whole inheritance to assist the needy, the sick, and the suffering. He dedicated his life to serving God and was made Bishop of Myra while still a young man. Bishop Nicholas became known throughout the land for his generosity to those in need, his love for children, and his concern for sailors and ships.

Hi Donald,

Thank you for that description of Nicolas, a nice story you could tell your grandchildren. My own grandchildren are a bit old for that now, in fact Skye the oldest of the girls is now 22,she was here yesterday making Irish Cream. A big difference,one day they are toddlers,next,they are making booze!!!!.

Beano

To all my friends on the Forum,

Thanks for your company & chat over 2016. All I can say now is this:

" We wish you a Merry Christmas, We wish you a Merry Christmas, We wish you a Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year."

Pat