Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
War Time

Hi, Now i was born in 1955, so dont recall Wartime. But both my parents worked for the war effort. Mum in Hilden Mill, Father in Lambeg Industrial Research. Mauri, my grandfather lived in Warren Park..William Hawthorne, who fought in the battle off the somme and survived.

Re: War Time

Nice to see you back Terry, hope you are well.

We miss all the old Forumer's that sometimes disappear like Dabbler, Low Roader, Aldene, Frazer etc.

A Happy Christmas to them all. Pat

Re: War Time

Terry, I remember the Hawthorne family in Warren Park Avenue, they lived just a few doors down from us. I can't recall your Grandfather but wasn't there a Billy Hawthorne who went to Central School. We moved from Warren Park I think in 1938 to Lismara Terrace on the Longstone which still stands today so my memories of Warren Park are kind of dim, what was your Father's name?. Mauri