Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Potato Bread

Balmoral Show
I can remember going to the show exploring everything , sitting in tractors, enchanted by the magic, then came across a women dressed in period costume cooking tata bread over a fire on a griddle, Mrs Pentland was her name, and the taste was better than ant bakers. But then i have tried without success to cook it. One of the tastes i miss the most.

Re: Potato Bread

Yes, I think most people miss the good old soda and potato bread, as well as the lovely Irish bacon.

Re: Potato Bread

Ron,

I always use left over potatoes to make potato bread, it is very easy.

Mix the potatoes with melted butter, add salt & pepper & (if liked) a beaten egg & enough plain flour to make a soft dough with a little milk or water, if needed

Roll out on to a floured board & cut into triangles.

Fry a little butter & oil (to prevent the butter burning) in a pan & fry the farls in it until cooked to your liking. Yummy with plenty of butter dripping off them or even fried in bacon fat.

Won't do you a bit of harm once in a while......Pat