Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Harry (Tucker) Orr

Hi All,

A friend of mine in England read an obituary in his local paper of a Harry (Henry)Orr. He was wondering if it was the same Harry that played football at home.

Has anyone heard anything at all about Harry.

Beano

Re: Harry (Tucker) Orr

Beano. I don't know if Henry stayed in England when his football career ended. I may be imagining it but I thought Henry came back to Lisburn. I don't know what makes me think this but there's something in the back of my head telling me that he worked here as a postman. Maybe someone else will know. Henry was a good looking guy, as were all the Orrs.

My memory points me to Tucker coming home and marrying/living in Portadown.
( I could be wrong!!!!)

Ann and L.R,

Thank you for your replies, I hope what you say is right. I remember Tucker very well, I remember when he played for Distillery along with Ciggy Magee and Eugene Mc Clinton, an all Lisburn half back line. I think Tucker was the only one of the three to play in England.!!!!!

Beano

Hi all,

Computer needed a new modem due to hackers getting into our main system, took a while but grandson attached new modem today. Glad to be in touch again.

Tucker Orr was one of our gang in East Down View in our young days, haven't heard lately of him, but will enquire of Leonard soon. Henry we called him then, he was a great mate of ours, quiet & nice looking, lived in the last house on the right hand side of the street.

We all moved to new houses in the 50's & lost touch, the Orrs went to the Longstone to live. Last I heard of Henry was him going to England to play football & years later returning to work as a postman in Lisburn.

Beano, Hope you will soon be well enough to throw away that stick., I,& everyone else, is fed up with mine & looking forward to March when I get my new knee & don't need it anymore.

Such a nuisance, mine is always falling on the tiles with a crack that puts
Joe & everyone present mad, not to mention, Finn, the dog jumping out of the way..... regularly.

Pat