Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Van the Man

Hi all,

Van Morrison has a new album just out & I think you all will enjoy a track that is played regularly here - " Memory Lane"

Brings back thoughts of an exile returning to changed places of memory.

Another hit for Van. Love his accent too, never changed, his own man.

Pat

Re: Van the Man

Pat, I haven't heard Van's new album, nor that particular track. I like Van Morrison OK but I wouldn't consider myself a big fan. Some of his songs are nice all right; I might buy Elvis Pressley's new album where his songs have been re-vamped with the London Philharmonic Orchestra. Elvis lives on even after all these years and his songs are played regularly. He definitely was the KING. I even remember on the Sunday morning after he died, the priest asked for prayers for Elvis (never heard of before or since). He said that Elvis had given us all a lot of joy and that he deserved our prayers. Elvis would have said AMEN to that.