Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sunrise

Lovely sunrise this morning. Looking out through the kitchen window, the sky is beautiful. Long swathes of pink, yellow, peach and, in the background, a dark grey, colour the bllue sky. This follows a few magnificient sunsets the previous nights. Just thought I would write this down.

I've been very busy (as usual). My little dog, Tess, is not well. She is nearly 14 and up until a week or two ago was in great health. I noticed her sleeping a lot but putr that down to her age. Then she started coughing now and again, especially when out walking. We took her over to the vet right away. The blood tests were not good and showed that her heart and kidneys are shutting down. After treatment over the weekend, she is now feeling much better and almost back to her old self. However, we know this is only a temporary "fix" and not a cure. She is literally living on borrowed time now. She is not interested in her nuts, so I am treating her as you would a sick person. Scrambled egg in the morning, rice and vegetables latr on. In between she has treats of chicken or fish. We have come to terms that we won't have Tess for much longer. We have both agreed that when she begins to decline, we will have her put to sleep before she becomes really ill. I say this quite mattr-of-fact at the moment. However, I know when the time comes we will both be devastated. As the vet told us, it could be a week, 2 weeks, a month; she doesn't know and nor do we. I'm just giving her the best care every day, walking her as usual, and making her last days or weeks as enjoyable as they always were.

Re: Sunrise

Yes Ann,

the sunrise this morning was special.

Around 7.30am the sky was ablaze & the trees lit up with a million colours, worth seeing, October is a lovely month if the weather is good.

I hear Canada is at its most colourful too now. Pat

Ann & Dominic,

Tess is about to say Goodbye (as we will someday too) but I hope she is still there when I go up soon.

Goodbyes are the hardest part of life especially when a best friend goes but memories are forever.

Pat

Yes Pat, The trees now a mass of beautifull colours, Joy,myself and a couple of friends took a drive up to and through the Indian reservation about a hundred miles north of us and the colours along the way were really breathtaking, also had a few drinks and dinner in a little restaurant on the reservation and of course everything was tax free which made it all the more enjoyable???. Mauri

Wrapped in my own little world, I can still admire this nice piece of prose. I hope it serves a therapeutic purpose, as the approaching death of your wee dog must be very stressful. I'm glad you realise that Dominic feels the same.