Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Beano

Hello Beano

Hope you are getting treatment for your back and that you are feeling better. I am sure you are in everyone's thoughts, and we would love you know how you are progressing.

Liz

Re: Beano

Hi Liz,

Thank you for your concern re. my health problems, things have started to pick up,but,only recently. Just yesterday I got the ok to drive again which has picked me up considerably.

To all

My trip to Norn Irn was a bit of a disaster, I am so sorry I didn't get to see my forum friends at all, I spent eleven of my sixteen days in a wheel chair, I can tell you it was no fun at all...enough of that. Over the last little while I have become a lurker,never the less I was disapointed at some of the bickering about areas that don't concern us, however after twelve years of contributing to this forum I have learned that everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Ann,

I was so sorry to hear of Tess's death, I know how much you loved that little friend. It must have been a tough decision to let her go, at least she is not in pain anymore.

Pat,

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit to Canada, but then you always do, It was nice that Mauri and Joy got to see you,what a nice couple they are.

Beano

Beano, Pleased to hear that your health problems are improving and to be able to drive again is a big step forward. Hasn't this November weather been great, well at least up to last night as we woke up this morning to a winter wonderland as it had snowed during the night although I guess you guys got it as well. Anyway its that time of the year, we really miss heading south to Florida for the winter sometimes think we made a mistake selling our Condo down there. Anyway Beano hope this finds you nearly back to normal, Best wishes. Mauri

Beano, good to hear from you and that you are back driving again. Unfortunately, my eye procedure was not a great success. After another visit to the optician, it was confirmed that

my sight does not meet the criteria for driving. It's a bit of a life change for me as I enjoyed being able to take myself out shopping, etc. I will have to get used to it. Dominic drives me everywhere now but I want to retain some independence so will start using public transport for short trips. We lost wee Tess almost 4 weeks ago and I still miss her very much. The house is just not the same now and it will take a while for me to adjust to her not being here. Two blows in a short time have left me feeling quite sad but I know that this will pass with time. Reading the Forum is uplifting even when we agree to disagree. Anyhow, feeling a bit sorry for myself but losing my central vision and my wee dog in a short time is quite traumatic. I'll recover but in time.

Beano,

Glad to hear from you again, as Liz said we were wondering how you were, any sickness or pain really debilates ua now. Take things one day at a time, my motto now.

We really enjoyed our visit to Bronagh,s new abode in Mulmur in September, the weather was perfect every day & the scenery in that area lovely, day & evenings.

Meeting Mauri & Joy was a highlight of our trip, they both look well & happy & we had a nice lunch in Cookstown that day.

Wishing you a full recovery soon & keep posting,

Pat

Ann,Pat and Mauri,

Thank you for your good wishes re. my health, slowly but surely things are a bit brighter. I should add I had some procedure done on my nose and lip for removal of cancer(bcc)spots.Thirteen stitches and a black eye are what i have to show for that. I won't know how bad it looks till the plasters come off. As my mother used to say, if it's not your ass it's your elbow.

Beano

beano,
glad you are keeping better. i've had three face operations for bcc over a while. but just out now of hospital after getting two tumours removed from my back bone interfering with the spinal cord so, getting old is not a lot of fun?. must have been all that bugle blowing? good luck tom

Beano and Tom when I see what you two are going through I can count myself lucky
Hope you both recover soon but I have every confidence you will

Hi Ann,

I guess we could be worse off,there is always someone worse off than the other.
Yourself with your eye problem is a lot to think about, I do hope you get it rectified and sooner than later, you are always in my thoughts. Another one in my thoughts is our old friend the Dabbler, Parkinsons is an awful illness, I keep praying for a cure for this and other serious diseases, keep well Joe.

Tom,

Sorry to hear of all your problems, especially the back tumors, that is a serious problem, the spine is not something to be taken lightly, I wish you a speedy recovery. We thought nothing of blowing the old bugles back when, and sometimes in very bad weather. Mind you we had some great times as well......Ah all the memories.

Beano

beano,
thanks for that. i actually have myeloma [google it] straight out of the blue, i've always been a fit and healthy person but thats life. i always think of the old irish folk song
don't give up, till its over
just do the best you can
a weight upon your shoulder will make you a stronger man , a great wee song