Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Back Home

Hi all,

After a best ever holiday in Canada we are recovering from Jet Lag & a cold virus we contacted on arrival in Ireland.

However we can't complain as we had a wonderful 4 weeks in the Mulmur Hills, such wonderful scenery & sunrises & sunsets, not to mention the new house & gardens.

Joe was at home & didn't want to leave the place any day but spent his time pottering around, doing odd jobs like mowing the lawns, burning old debris from the trees & chopping wood for the outside night fire.

Of course Bronagh & I were off most days round the shops in Orangeville & wee antique shops in quiet villages, where I spent my time picking up odds & ends. We enjoyed our freedom & the time spent in Coffee shops & at the markets & bookshops.

It was great to see Mauri & Joy again in Cookstown, they look good, such nice people. They travelled half-way to meet us & were on time too.

Joe says he would go back again which is a miracle for him as he goes nowhere, but he really enjoyed the country scenery & the hills of Headwaters so we may start saving again for the next time......Pat

Re: Back Home

Pat, Glad to hear you and Joe are home safe and sound,thank you for your kind comments Joy and myself really enjoyed meeting up with you Joe and Bronogh. Mauri