Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Still here

I haven't been on for a wee while but I'm still alive and well. In factd, I've received very good news about my eye problem. After being seen again in the Mater Hospital I have been told that my problem in seeing is due to an accumulation of debris which is covering my eyes. Apparently this can happen aftr having cataract surgery which I had carried out about 4 - 5 years ago. This debris can be lasered off in a comparativelyh simple procedure. I can't tell you how elated I was when I herd the news. I felt as if I'd won the lotto. I was told the waiting list wouldn't be too long. However, I rang this morning and was told that I would have to wait 3 - 4 months so I feel a bit deflated again. Going privately is an option which I will have to consider, but the coste may be prohibitive. Ah well, hope is in sight. Pardon the pun once more. I was speaking to Pat in Canada yesterday and she said she would come on to the Forum soon. I think she would like to get in touch with Mauri to arrange a meeeting. She and Joe are having a wonderful time there. The weather is warm and sunny and Joe has been cutting Bronagh's lawn, which means he doesn't suffer withdrawal symptoms from his own garden. Wish I was there.

Re: Still here

Ann

I am delighted to hear this wonderful news! An answer to prayer! You must feel like dancing, but wait till you can see properly first! Have a great day!

Ann, Wonderfull news no wonder you felt like you won the lottery??,maybe if you bug them enough the cleansing operation will be done sooner. Pat if you read this while I don't want to put any pressure on you my phone number is when you get a chance 705 739 1879. Mauri

Ann,
wonderful news. I just had cataract surgery and they emphasized that
later I will probably have what you are experiencing.
I guess the old National health Service is not bad but 3-4 months?
Wish you were here, would be done by the end of next week and what price is your sight worth?
Anyway, glad to know that you will be "terrorizing" the forum for years to come!!
Carolina..

Hi Ann

Good to hear some good news , hope all goes well ,as soon as possible , and you are able to go down the line ,and enjoy all the scenery .
Hope also Dominic and the family are all well.
Regards!
Tommy

Sounds good Ann, I wonder if you can tie your care provider down to an exact date. I would think they should be able to schedule your appointment more or less, right away. What is preventing them from doing so, unless there is some priority other than " First come, first served"

If the scheduled date seems too far away, then you could consider the option of paying for the procedure. I think I could live with your condition for a set period of a few months, but could not handle going an unknown time without, what I consider the most precious of my senses.

In any case Ann, I'm sure you will come up with the right decision. Good Luck

ann,
glad to hear your good news, good luck with the timing tom

You don't know how good it is to know that you all care
I think. I will harass them for a while and see if that has an effect. If not I will have to think again. I must tell you that I never take ,'no' for an answer
. It can be draining but usually successful
Thanks once more for your thoughts

Ann,

HELATH IS WEALTH, IF THE COST IS NOT BEYOND YOUR MEANS GO AHEAD PRIVATELY.

IN HIND SIGHT I WOULD HAVE HAD MY OPERATION PRIVATELY, LAST YEAR & BY NOW I SHOULD HAVE BEEN "DANCING ROUND THE GARDEN" INSTEAD OF SUFFERING PAIN & HOBBLING ON A STICK.

"SHOULDA WOULDA COULDA" THE OLD STORY. PAT P.S.

P S HUMID & LIGHT RAIN TODAY, WELCOME RELIEF FROM THE BURNING SUN FOR A DAY. BRONAGH IS HAVING A THANKSGIVING DINNER FOR US TONIGHT AS WE RETURN HOME NEXT W/END.