Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holiday in Canada

Hi all,

Packed & ready to go on Wed. to Dublin en route to Pearson on the 25th. Looking forward to a holiday of rest & sun after our disappointing Summer.

As Bronagh has moved house lately we will be unavailable to meet old friends this time, but hopefully will keep in touch on the Forum.

Bye for now, Air Canada here we come, wish us a safe landing, as lightening is forecast for Thursday, good start to our holiday.!!!

We are having the Cottage painted in our absence as our family are stepping in to do the necessary, while staying here to look after things.

Looking looking forward to a new look on our return

Pat

Re: Holiday in Canada

Pat, Here's wishing you a pleasant and safe trip to Pearson. Where has your daughter moved to, if it is anywhere near the Barrie area maybe you and Joe could meet up with Joy and me for lunch,coffee somewhere. Mauri

Mauri and all Pat and Joe will have arrived in Canada now and will be enjoying their very first morning with Bronagh and family. Wish I was there too. Mauri, Pat asked me to pass on a message to you regards meeeting up. Her words were, "Tell Mauri, "will do" ". So, expect a phone call or e mail some time in the next few weeks as they're in Canada for a month. I will miss our morning phone calls and our day to day exchanges about husbands, family and beyond.

Hi all,

Arrived safe & sound good flight,, beautiful weather so far, almost too hot. Resting today in a cooler duller day day, 25 degrees , cloudy. Think we are in heaven with nothing to do but enjoy ourselves with family.

Yesterday was our 64th Wedding Anniversary & Emmet's 21st Birthday was on Thursday so a celebration & B.B.Q. last evening & a late night so tired & sleepy today but happy to relax.

A few things planned next week but will keep in touch.

Pat

Congratulations on your 64th wedding anniversary ! That's a lifetime Have a lovely holiday ! Margaret
PS I take it you were a child bride.

Hi Pat, Congratulations to you and Joe on your 64th wedding anniversary and may there be many more.

Joy and I have just celebrated our 30th and were surprised when my stepdaughter and her husband took us out for dinner at a lovely restaurant and when we walked in found ten family members and friends already sitting at the table "What a surprise" so not only was the food good but the "craic" as well, was a really nice evening. Mauri

Hi Mauri

Belated congratulations on your Wedding Anniversary, many happy returns.

We would be delighted to meet yourself & Joy in The Ironhorse Grill in Cookstown on Wednesday 21st Sept.,at noon or around that time,if suitable for yourselves.

Not to worry if it is not as we know time is sometimes not our own.

Pat

MARGARET,

The answer to that is YES, The song "They tried to tell us we're too young # was our song.

Pat

Hi Pat, Sounds good, Joy and myself will be there, unless I get lost on the way (Just Joking). Have a great weekend. Mauri

Looking forward to seeing you and Joy on Wednesday. See you then.

Pat.