Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Munich Shooting

We heard on the news yesterday about a shooting in Munich. At the time it was said that 9 people were dead; however, that could increase. I was thinking of Donald and hope he's all right as the shooting happened at a supermarket where anyone could be. When is this madness going to end or what has to happen to end it? Nowhere seems to be safe as these shootings and killing are happening just about everywhere. Mad people; what can you do about anyone with an absolute hatred and disregard for human life, even their own.

Re: Munich Shooting

Answering myself here. Anyway, I just heard on this morning's news that the shooting was carried out by an 18 year old loner, unconnected to any organisation. He shot himself dead. Apparently, he had been obsessed by mass killings, according to the literature found in his bedroom. It was also said that he had been treated for psychological problems. Terrible for everyone.

Ann
none of us were near the scene of the shooting, when I had my yearly public transport ticket I would go there occasionally but I cancelled it a year ago. The area is very interesting and you can enjoy a walk around the Olympic Village and the apartments built for the participants taking part in the 1972 games. The BMW automobile factory and museum is there also.
donald

Donald, why did you cancel your yearly public transport ticket? Do you have free transport in Germany for seniors? If not, I suppose that's the reason. On television, when showing the area where the shooting took place, I couldn't help but admire the beautiful surroundings and the tall trees all around. Glad you weren't there on that day.

Ann

free tickets are only for those who are severely disabled . there is a yearly ticket called 60+ for senior citizens, you can pay monthly 10 times and get free transport for 12 months. It cost me €460 yearly. When I was going weekly to my painting classes, sponsored by my ex employer and going to Andecs Cloister and twice weekly into Munich centre then it was worth it . Now I buy a daily ticket which costs me €5,20. Schoolkids get free transport to school but it must be the most direct way. Kilian should have left the train and continued to school with a bus which takes much longer . He stayed on the train for another 2 stops to meet his schoolmates coming from another direction to short board to school and was controlled. His mum had to pay €60!!! Now she buys him an additional ticket to enable this which costs monthly €8.

donald