Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Contacts

Where is everybody??, with the beautifull sunny weather we are enjoying here except for yesterday when we had some badly needed rain it should be me that has disappeared. Forecast for the next week is sunny with temperatures up in the 30sC we have a lovely waterfront here so will probably spend some time down there, anway hope you are all enjoying the weekend. Have a good one. Mauri

Re: Contacts

Mauri,

This time of year we have a lot of" tooing & frooing" to visit family & vice versa & with some sickness in the family our time has been taken up this last while.

This w/end is the first I have been at home all day & I have been catching up on the cleaning. I turned out cupboards this morning & threw out all out of date things which gather up when you are not at home. Surprising how things get behind, I would need a week to catch up.

I am taking a rest for the day now & here I am on the Forum at last. Remember too it was offline for a week as well & we got on with the usual outdoor things, the garden needed planting & it takes up all day once you start dead heading & feeding etc. Good year for roses & growth all round is lush.

Glad to see we are getting back to normal again but the holidays are coming soon again so expect a lull in Summer.

Regards to Joy & all the ones who miss us online

Pat

Hi Pat, Nice to hear from you, will keep this short as was spammed with my last entry. Yes I fully understand that people are more busy in the summer spending more time outdoors etc especially when the sun is shining as it has been here except for Friday when we got some badly needed rain, forecast for the rest of the week though temperatures up in the 30sC, might even go swimming in the lake??? I wish??, Have a great week Best Regards. Mauri

Mauri, the weather here recently has been fairly showery. More rain than sun, put it that way. I even turned the heating on 2 days ago during the day as it felt quite cold. It does come on in the evening and early morning anyway, but it needed an early boost. You know what the summers here are like, or maybe you've forgotten. If we get a good couple of weeks, we pay for it later. June has been a bad month and July so far is no better. Count yourselves lucky to have a summer that feels like summer.

Ann, I remember the weather in Northern Ireland very well,back in January 1958 I was stationed in Florida with the USAF when my Grandmother who had brought me up died in Lisburn. I flew over and attended the funeral,walking down the Longstone and in the Dublin Road cemetary I was never so cold in my life despite having a heavy topcoat on,its the damp cold that one feels especially coming from a warm climate. Mauri