Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
European Soccer Cup

Just watched Northern Ireland get beaten 1-0 by Poland in the European Cup, while Poland outclassed NI for most of the game,NI were very unlucky in not scoring a couple of times."Ah Well" better luck next game. Mauri

Re: European Soccer Cup

Just watched Northern Ireland play Wales and lose 1-0,again they were very unlucky in a well fought game.

Whats the matter with everybody I thought with the Forum being off line for nearly a week there would be a flood off comments.??? Mauri

yes mauri, seems a bit quiet now.
we've just returned from 4 days in a place called kingscliff in new south wales, a small pleasant place.
i think everyone's computer is tied up watching the results of brexit
tom

Hi Tom, Just whereabouts is Kingscliff in relation to Sydney.?? like everywhere as time marches on new neigbourhoods spring up old ones disappear. Was watching a parade in Lisburn the other day on the computer it was coming up Seymour street and Castle Street hardly reconized the place with most of the old buildings and houses gone,I guess you must have seen quite a few changes when you were over there this year. Have a good day. Mauri

mauri,
that was a lucky escape you had with the live shell?
kingscliff is a long way from sydney. it's east coast just over the queensland border on the same road as byron bay [famous location of film stars] and ballina and so on down the east coast road, towards sydney,but a long way from it all very nice places. yes , i noticed quite a few changes in lisburn last august one way traffic etc. but the town was lovely as ever and the people pleasant and lovely too.
i was homesick for quite a while when i returned, missed my brothers, but life goes on tom

Hi Tom, You seem to spend a lot of time in Queensland, is that your favourite state??. although I was in Cairns and Townsville and once briefly in Brisbane I never spent much time in Queensland most of my time in Aussie being in Sydney and Port Adelaide and in between visits to Melbourne, Darwin and Broome and Freemantle on the West coast. Mauri

mauri,
i spend my time between gold coast queensland i have a son lives here and the weather is mostly beautiful, i bought a place here 10 years` ago when i sold my country acres in victoria.
but we also have a place in melbourne and a good lifestyle there, old working mates, friends when we used to go dancing all that.
so, it's sort of spring and summer in melbourne and gold coast in winter where it's a lot warmer. but we travel other places also in both states. it's all go. but, we're only here once??. good luck tom

Thank goodness we didn't play Iceland...what an upset!!

Hi Tom, Sounds like a good life and something the same as Joy and myself enjoyed when we first retired, we sold our oversized home in Toronto and bought a smaller place about 100 miles north of the city then went down to Florida and bought a two bedroom condo down there in a complex complete with a swimming pool etc and for the next ll years shuffled backwards and forwards down to Florida in the winter and back to Canada in the summer and also taking vacation trips all over the place both driving and going on cruises, we done eleven cruises which included the Mediteranean, Baltic, Alaska and numerous Carribean ones Oh and also Bermuda and Mexico and one down the River Rhine in Germany, All seems like a dream now as we have not done any travelling in about five years. Mauri

As Tommy Trinder used to say "YOU LUCKY PEOPLE."

At least I hope it was Tommy Trinder

[ ]Pat

Carolina, The biggest shock since England were beaten by the United States in the World Cup 1950. I remember that one and how the sports columists lambasted the English team. I watched the England v Iceland game and couldn' believe how bad the England defenders played especially the goalkeeper though the overpaid big headed Rooney looked like he would qualify for the old Cliftonville team???.I also couldn't believe the salary Ray Hodsgon was getting something like eleven million pounds, whoever authorized that must be nuts. Mauri