Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
May Bank Holiday weekend

This is the May Bank Holiday weekend. It's a good one too. I'm up early this morning - " Sunday morning up with the lark, think I'll take a walk in the park" - remember that song? It looks as if it's going to be a lovely day. Our weather has been quite good recently although just to remind us we're in Ireland, we did have a bit of rain and the temperatures dropped a day or two ago. However, yesterday was nice and we're promised "wall to wall" sunshine next week. I take these forecasts with a pinch of salt but will be delighted if it's true. We're going to my daughter's today for a BBQ. Her husband would BBQ every day if he could. I'll enjoy not having to make a Sunday dinner for a change. Nothing else to report just now, so behave yourselves.

Re: May Bank Holiday weekend

Here I am, still up at 12.30 am. We had a very enjoyable day. The weather was beautiful and we had a lovely meal at Colette's. Her mother-in-law and father-in-law were there too, so there was good craic. George cooked all the meat and chicken on the BBQ but we had a proper Sunday dinner.

However, despite everything, I cannot get to sleep because of Restless Leg Syndrome. It's quite bad at the moment and I dread going to bed now because I know that I will probably have to get up again, as I did tonight. I am on medication for this but it doesn't seem to be working any more. It started this afternoon at the BBQ and I had to get up and walk about. I knew then that I was "in for it" tonight. SO, talk about "hit me with your rhythm stick", I'm certainly being hit with a variety of nuisance problems but none of them serious. My daughter and my grandson have this restless leg problem too. Loads of theories as to the reason and apparently millions of people suffer. As the textbook describes it, "the body wants to sleep but the legs want to exercise". I've cleared out the dishwasher, tidied up a bit and come on to the Forum. SO, with a bit of luck, and at the second attempt, I may get to sleep. What next? Bring it on, I can take it.!!!!!!