Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nicknames

Hearing the name 'Shady' in Harriet's post made me recall nicknames from when I was young. My own nickname was "Ginger" because of my hair colouring. However, I remember 'Star' McManus; 'Ciggie' Magee; 'Ghandi' English'; 'Dirty Dick; 'La' McManus; a certain woman was nicknamed "the bow-legged chicken"; 'Bunny' Crossey; 'Hopper' Rooney; 'Bootsie' Hughes; 'Shaky' Peter; There were loads more but that's all I can think of just now. What about the rest of you? I expect there were nicknames from everywhere in the town.

Re: Nicknames

Tojo Spence, Jazzer Haire, Moko Murray, Nail in the boot. So many more.

Ton Trainor, Waddy Woodende, Guttie Slipper Man,

Here are a few I remember,with a few from Joe,

Hampy Hamilton, Chang Anderson, Fart Flanagan, Crutchy Patterson, Putty **** Dicky, Hop Dickson, Bull mc Manus, Oliver Twist, Jenny mc Clinkers, Mother Of Sorrows, Moaning Dick, Yellow Duffy, Scuddler Gillian, The Ack away kid, Hawk mc Shane, Rocky Burns.... Nearly everyone had a nickname then if you answered to it.

Now it would be a racist or discriminatory offence.???

Pat