Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gerald Skelton

Hi All,

More sad news from home, a friend told me that Gerry Skelton died yesterday. I thought he had died a couple of years ago. If indeed this is fact my sincere condolences go out to all the Skelton family. Perhaps Ted or someone else who knew Gerry could confirm one way or another.

Beano

Re: Gerald Skelton

Hi Beano This is sad news indeed as by coinsidence just last week I was informed that Gerald was in the same home Kingsway Residential in Dunmurry as my uncle and I was looking forward to call on him on my next visit ,it was only on Tuesday I had informed Barney of Gerald's presence in the Home ,I will confirm at the first opertunity ,RIP Regards Ted

Gerry´s Obituary can be read in Ronnie Thompson´s Funeral Notice page

donald

http://www.ronniethompson.net/funeral-notices

Beano This morning's Irish News confirms Gerrys demise on the 3rd May aged 79 and the funeral after 10 am mass on Friday ,I suppose you are aware of the death of his brother Brendan a couple of years back ,Sad day indeed .May he rest in peace ,Regards Ted

Hi Ted,

Thank you so much for your reply. Gerry was a real nice guy, I remember playing football against him when he played for Lisburn Celtic. May he rest in peace.

Beano

Just read in yesterday's Irish News about Gerald Skelton's death. Like Beano, I thought he had died a couple of years ago. Gerald was a bit older than me but I remember him as a small, good looking guy. I don't know why but I seem to recall he was good at athletics or sport of some kind. I think he attended St Malachy's College in Belfast with two of my brothers so maybe that's how I know about the sport. In any case, it's another death of someone we all know. May he rest in peace.

Ted, it was Seamus Skelton who died a couple of years ago. I worked with him. Gerry had been a member of Lisburn Golf Club and a very good golfer so I'm told. He was a member of the White Horse League and played with Tom, Cecil Walker,Maurice Walker, Jack Keery,Tom and Jack Marks and a few others.Margaret

Hi Margaret,I remember the death of Seamus as he lived in Beechlawn in the flat above Larry Close a good friend of mine and it was then I think that I was informed that Brendan had died, we were in the same class together, hard to believe the 3 brothers are all gone . May they rest in peace. Regards Ted

sorry to hear about gerald i remember him in pj walls builders a long time ago may he R I P