Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
pattersons chemist shop

anyone remember this shop in lisburn

Re: pattersons chemist shop

Barney, Didn't Jackie Patterson used to work in "Orrs the Chemist" in Bow Street then opened up his own shop up the square though I am not too sure about that. He lived in Tonagh Park if I remember correctly. Mauri

Hi Mauri I am almost sure Patterson's Chemist was almost opposite Orr's chemist beside what would have been in your day Caldwell's Bar ,I remember on the way to school one morning gazing into the window at this small phail of penicillin displayed in the window as it was then this cure-all of the 20th century of course every one had heard of it ,but here was the real thing ,funny the way a name transports one back to another time ! Memories ?Regards Ted

The name was Patterson and his daughter Rosemary use to work there some times. She use to live near me on the Moira Road. I heard she married Thomas Brand and he disappeared / Do u remember anything about her or him?

Barney & all,

I remember Patterson's chemist shop, situated where later Elmore's lower Fish Shop opened. I always liked Patterson's as it was homely & friendly.

So is Patterson's no more ?
I remember David Patterson whose father was a chemist.
I am very open for correction and believe David also became
a chemist.
I believe he married Barbara Agnew..and that goes a long
way back.
If I remember correctly, he attended "Friends" and Barbara was
at Wallace when I was there.
Howzat?