Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Same old, same old.

I haven't been on for a few days as I have been busy. We were just saying that every day we seem to get caught up in one thing or another. Neither of us seems to have time to just sit down during the day, although sometimes I have to just from weariness. Today was one of those days. I lay on the settee for over an hour with Tess beside me. However, dinner had to be made so that got me up again. We've just finished. Nice evening, but still that cool breeze. Won't complain as long as the rain stays away.

I went to a local garden centre yesterday and bought some plants for potting - lupins, hollyhocks, violas, pansies and lavender. Our garden is still beautiful with red and yellow tulips so we took a few photographs for posterity.!!!! Tomorrow, weather permitting, I will get the pots out, bin the old soil and fill them up ready for the new flowers. Too late now, but I intend planting my 3 blackcurrant bushes in the greebnouse where they might do better. They've already begun to bud so I imagine it would be a disaster to lift them. Are there any gardeners out there who could advise? This has been just a little summary to let you know that I'm still here.