Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bailie family from Lisburn Ireland

I am looking for the cemetery where the Bailies might be buried in Lisburn. They were married in the Drumbo Presbyterian Church. I am looking for Hugh Bailie, Sarah frances Greer-Bailie, James Bailie, Annie Oliver-Bailie, Agnes bailie-Maxwell, John Bailie, Eliza Bailie-Gourley, Margaret Shaw-Bailie. Please help me find their final resting places.

Re: Bailie family from Lisburn Ireland

Hi Dee,

There were a number of Bailies who lived in the Co.Down side of Lisburn. One such family lived at the top of Gregg St., as far as the older Bailies are concerned you would be better off contacting Drumbo Presbyterian Church for any information.

Beano

I contacted the church and they never responded and the letters I sent to the living Bailie descendant Kenneth Trotter got returned. I even contacted the archives, local library, and I'm out of options.

Hi again Dee,

Sorry you are not having any luck. Have you tried Ulster Ancestry??, it is free and easy to negotiate.

www.ulsterancestry.com.

Best of luck,

Beano

Hello Dee

Just read your posting about BAILIE and GREER have you had any luck?
I have BAILIE and GREER ancestors who married into my NICHOLSON line.
If you would like to compare notes please email.

Noreen & Dawna