Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DABBLER

I wonder how our old friend Dabbler is? I know he has a brother who may look into the Forum. If so, please let us know how Dabbler is doing. Funnily enough, last week on Radio Ulster I heard a request from a Joe Reid for his sister, Carol. It was probably a coincidence, but Joe has a sister named Carol. Could be??

As Pat mentioned in a recent post, where have all the previous contributors gone? Low Roader, Aldene, Hildenboy and the rest. These people always had interesting stories to tell - where are they now? Don't tell me you've no interest in Lisburn any more. Worse still, I hope you haven't become lurkers.

Re: DABBLER

Ann,

I know sometimes things happen & we don't get on the Forum for some time but it is a long time since the aforementioned were corresponding. Anyway I wish them well, it is their own choice what they decide to do, everyone is responsible for their own actions.

When we made friends long ago we do miss the chats & the news from abroad especially, so hopefully we well meet again here & rejoin the club.

Life is short & we love the old friends of yesteryear.

Pat

P.S." New friends are like Autumn leaves, found everywhere.

Old friends are like precious jewels, precious & rare."

Pat and Ann
I did not ring the radio, but as a matter of fact I have recently rung a sister-in-law in Lisburn to enquire about my family.

Welcome aboard again Dabs,

Good to have you back, nothing like the old friends. Keep smiling through, as Vera Lynn sings, we are with you. Parkinson's soon will have a cure, it is not the end of the World.

Pat

Pat and Ann , I posted to thank all for sad news of Skeltons - nothing appeared. I get dizzy spells and can barely manage a pint, but Parkinson's isn't winning.��

Hi Dabbler Great to hear from you ! which proves there's still a few of us around I would suggest forget about the pints and concentrate on a wee Jameson or even a big one depending how you are feeling , In the meantime hang in there ( You know it makes sense ) Kind Regards Ted

Hi Dabbler, Just to second what Ted has said, hope you make a fast recovery and are up and about soon. All Best Wishes Mauri

Good to hear from you again, Dab.

My best friend had Parkinson's for over 30 years & only died last year. She was at home & died peacefully in her sleep. She was a positive thinker & kept going as far as she was able, enjoying her great family & grandchildren & keeping pace with all the family news & events.

I know you will be the same & in the meantime that cure they are working on could come at any time. We never know what tomorrow will bring, today is yours & we all love you. Keep in touch

Pat

good to hear from you again dabbler

Hi Dabbler,

Just carry on doffing, an old mill man is hard to keep down, Thinking of you.

Beano

Dabbler, after putting on a whole "piece", it disappeared when I posted. SO, I am just going to say that it's great to have you back. Keep on truckin'