Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It's wonderful what happens in a week.

As you may know, I am on the list for a right full hip replacement. However, this hasn't stopped me walking the dog every day or doing my usual chores. However, two Saturdays ago I spent 6 hours in Belfast going round the shops. I felt myself beginning to limp and by the time I got home I was in real pain. To cut a long story short, I was taken by ambulance to the Royal Hospital where there was a query as to whether my hip was fractured or not. After many x-rays, no-one could make a decision whether it was a fracture or not so I had to wait for a scan. The scan showed a lot more deterioration in my hip but no acute fracture. I was in hospital for 4 days but I have recovered fully and walked the dog for the first time today. I am still awaiting the operation of course, but that could be a long time. No more 6 hour shopping trips for me. Mind you, I did get a nice coat so it wasn't entirely wasted. SO, when the Forum's off you never knows what's happening.

Re: It's wonderful what happens in a week.

Hi Ann,

I am sorry for your hip problem, problem is, the deterioration doesn't get any better, please take care. I sincerely hope you get your surgery sooner than later.......as you say it wasn't all bad......a new coat.

Beano

Re: It's wonderful what happens in a week.

Ann, Sounds exactly like what happened to Joy some time back and even though she was operated on and every thing is fine she insists on using a cane while walking as she blames a fall she had on creating the problem. I myself had my right hip done several years ago and have had no problem.at least up to now??. Mauri