Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum working

This is a test and an apology.

The site had reached a posting limit imposed by the company that hosts it that I was not aware off and wasn't emailed about. Unfortunately this meant that folk weren't able to post for a few days. I only found out when Ted emailed me.

Sorry about this. As I said to Ted, with work and family I can spend between 10-15 hrs a week on the site and most of that is on the new site that I am planning. So I wasn't keeping an eye on the forum!

If anything like this happens again, please feel free to email darryl@lisburn.com to let me know!

Stay calm and carry on!

Darryl

Re: Forum working

Thanks a lot Daryl, I really appreciate everything you do for us " Forumers".

A big thank you to Ted for his help and also for getting back to me.

Beano

No Problem Billy All well that ends well Kind Regards Ted

Thanks Beano. Truth is I'm reliant of people letting me know if there's anything amiss as I'm spending all my available time on the new site.

I cycle a lot too, which eats a lot of my 'free' time! 130km on Sunday from Banbridge to Newry, Rostrevor, up to Hilltown, Rathfriland, on to Loughbrickland, Scarva, back to Newry and then up the towpath back to Banbridge. What a wonderful part of the world we live in!

Thanks again Ted!
Darryl

Darryl, thank you for giving the Forum back to us. We do appreciate the time it must take to run this. You are working and don't have the time that the late Jim had. We appreciate your efforts and I must say your father would be proud of the way you have carried on his "baby". Many thanks.

Thanks Ann! I'd love to have been working with him on the new site. I didn't have the necessary knowledge when he was around, but now that I have forced myself to learn some new skills, find some useful tools and find the energy to do what he did as a consuming hobby! He'd have loved it, but he'd also have had a LOT to say about it too! I miss him greatly, and particularly notice the loss when working on his site.
Darryl

Darly, I would just like to add my thanks for the your efforts with the Forum, your Dad who I knew from when we were kids also your Grandparents Issac & Doreen would be proud of you. again Many Thanks. Mauri

Thanks Mauri. There are SO MANY things I'd like to ask him about family and friends and his life - he remembered so much more than me about us growing up. :-)
Darryl

Hi Darryl

I join all the rest of the exilers ,in thanking you for all the enjoyment ,you have given us . Although I am sure you it takes a lot of patience ,to juggle work ,home ,family .
When you are out on your bike ,it must be nice ,first of all to have the energy ,to pedal so far . But you have chosen a beautifull ,part to cycle . I am sure you have passed (Moneypennys Lock ) , and also Scarva ,is a favourite area of mine .
All good health to keep on Cycling ,and many thanks !
Regards!
Tommy

Thanks Tommy!

https://www.strava.com/activities/510189670 - that's the route and you can see some photos if you click them of my MAMIL friends (Middle Aged Men In Lycra - and women!) Another long one round Slieve Gullion on Sunday, can't wait.

Darryl

My heartfelt thanks to you too Darryl. To the folks who follow the site, commonly called "lurkers", you too can make a difference to the site by contributing, it is for all to enjoy and put into. Would love to hear from you all about where you are and your memories. A special thanks to Ann without whom we may have wound up by now.

best wishes to all
Liz

Darryl ! I see who have converted Sean Taylor please congratulate him on his beard , must say its nicely cultivated,and he's looking good Please pass on my regards Thanks Ted

Liz, I'm delighted with your compliment. Thank you. Speaking of lurkers i was actually speaking to a female lurker this evening. She is from Beanos end of the town and her name is Lily. I haven't seen Lily for many years and we met in The Bistro in town where Dominic and I went for a rare meal out. She was with her husband and some friends. Lily confessed to being a lurker and I asked her to join in the craic. However, I don't think she will although she could make the Forum a lot more interesting as she knows quite a lot of people, many more than me. Lily, why don't you come on and give us your recollections of the co down end of town.

Ted, I will pass that on to Sean! Yes, I got him on to his bike and after a year of punishing him by being that bit faster than him, he's now giving me a kicking, especially on steep hills.

Thanks for your kind words Liz!

Thanks Darryl, There will be no holding him back now , Hope he is grateful to you for the inspiration ? Kind Regards To You All Ted