Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My favourite Newspaper

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3454813/Cheers-Alcohol-good-5-drinks-week-lowers-risk-heart-failure-heart-attack.html

Three to five drinks a week lowers risk of heart failure and heart attack
Experts say it doesn't matter if a person drinks wine, beer or liquor
Moderate alcohol consumption 'is part of a healthy lifestyle', they say
Drinking 3 to 5 drinks a week lowers heart failure risk by 33%, study found
And risk of heart attack drops 28% with each additional drink, it revealed

I always knew this, that is why I look after my health by taking a double dose regularly. The Daily Mail has become my favourite Newspaper
donald

Re: My favourite Newspaper

Donald, it's just as well we don't take everything written in the newspapers seriously. Some days they say one thing, then the following week something to the contrary. Dominic's favourite newspaper is the Irish News which he reads avidly every single day and night, sometimes the following morning too, before he buys that day's. I just scan the paper, usually for the women's page and style. I must say I like the Sunday Times, but really only because of the loads of magazines that come with it. One of my sons buys it and gives it to me when he's finished - too dear for me.