Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Price difference

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3452027/Why-pay-300-caviar-face-cream-7-luxury-beauty-products-fraction-price-high-street.html

Ladies, I found this article in the Daily Mail on-line very interesting and cannot understand why someone would spend almost £300 on a face cream when the same quality can be bought for less than £8 at Aldi !!!! Thank goodness the Lord made us men from the beginning beautiful and desirable, we do not need such products. All we need is a few beers daily to keep our good looks! So ladies, on your bikes and down to Aldi and on your way back bring your men a few beers!
donald

Re: Price difference

Afternoon Donald ,I would concur with that,only we don't have Aldi but at the moment Lidl have a great selection of Polish Beers which are worth sampling otherwise I am quite satisfied with Dr Barkers Scruff Remover to cater for my needs, well tried and tasted over the years Regards Ted

Ted
Dundalk is only a hour up the road,Aldi are there. A fill up there with petrol would cut the fuel costs. A wee drive back home through Omeath would, I´m sure bring back memories.
donald

Hi Donald ! That would kill an hour or so OK I'm afraid as far as Omeath is concerned memories are about all that it has to offer and fuel pumps ,Carlingford has more to offer now in the line of restaurants ,Bistro's Lounges but its just a bit to early ,so I will let the hare sit for another while ,Regards Ted

Donald,if I pAid £300 for face cream I would consider it a complete waste of money, especially at my age now. I like a good cream, but that's ridiculous. More money than sense.